Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Your Portal to Completion
Every Future Press guide is designed to maximise the gaming experience--regardless of the player's skill. In the case of Portal 2, this is a difficult task: only those who can solve the test chambers will get to feel that true sense of accomplishment. If players look up the solution in a book or even watch it as a movie on YouTube, then they'll bypass this feeling completely. This is why our Portal 2 guide follows a new concept: the solution will only give away as much as the player wants to know, no less, and no more. Thanks to a multi-layered walkthrough consisting of different levels of information, the official Portal 2 guide lets players decide for themselves how much help they receive. From just a small hint right up to a complete solution--everything is there. This guarantees a maximised gaming experience, just as you would expect from a Future Press guide.
In addition the guide also offers lots of extras, including a huge on-location interview with the game's producers, a whole chapter devoted to previously unpublished concept drawings and artwork from Portal and Portal 2, as well as a comprehensive section on Trophies/Achievements, for all of those who wish to fully master the game.
- Multilevel walkthrough | Offers expert guidance while avoiding unnecessary spoilers--allowing mastery of the game without ruining the experience.
- Extended co-op coverage | Comprehensive walkthrough for the co-op game, including shortcuts and alternate solutions, with contributions from the current world record holder for the fastest run through Portal.
- Simplified isometric maps | Each test chamber is presented in a uniquely created 3D illustration which deliberately shows as little detail as possible, but also as much as is necessary. This means that players can easily and quickly understand the solution and avoid the confusion of overloaded screenshot maps.
- The Art of Portal | Stunning computer graphics, early concept drawings and wonderful illustrations show Portal and Portal 2 in breathtaking style and beauty. Artwork that has been made public exclusively and for the very first time in the official guide.
- An audience with Valve | An in-depth interview with the key figures from the development team of Portal and Portal 2. More than 20 pages filled with background information and also about the making of the two games.
- Trophies/Achievements | For the complete gaming experience; a detailed step-by-step guide to unlocking all 50 Trophies/Achievements. Although many of them are very challenging, having a complete collection doesn't have to be the sole privilege of advanced players.
Exclusive strategy videos | Access to countless game videos which perfectly show the guide's pro techniques and strategies for every chamber.
Exclusive to the Collector's Edition Guide
- Additional content | An expanded 'The Art of Portal' with additional render images - for real fans.
- Hardcover Binding | So it will last forever. A cover illustration created for true Portal fans as well as a fine back cover with a removable info sheet for that pristine look.
- Two bookmarks | Each bot--Blue and Orange--possesses its own ribbon bookmark (colored...you might have guessed...blue and orange). So that you can keep track of both sections, the single player and the co-op game.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION