Moon Travel Guides: The Trip of a Lifetime
The ancient temples at Angkor Wat are unlike anything else on earth. Step back in time at Cambodia's wonder of the world with Moon Angkor Wat!
- Strategic itineraries, ranging from one to three days in Angkor to a week exploring the Khmer Empire, with suggestions on the most beautiful (and most secluded) temples to visit
- Historical context and tips on the best ways to tour the temples to get the most out of this sacred and awe-inspiring site
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Top sights and activities: Visit the sublime forested temple ruins of Angkor, remnants of the ancient Khmer Empire. Marvel at Angkor Wat, the largest religious building in the world, take in the enigmatic smiles of Angkor Thom's carved bodhisattva, and wander among nearly 100 ancient monuments deep in the jungle at Koh Ker. Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap or the colorful markets, quiet streets, and funky art galleries of Battambang. Drink thick sweet coffee and sample prahoc or barbecued meats from street carts in Phnom Penh, or hike to remote forest temples hidden from the main highways
- Curated advice from documentarian and journalist Tom Vater
- Essential insight on trip planning, health and safety, reservations, transportation (by tuk-tuk, taxi, motorbike, or bicycle), and accommodations ranging from hotels to homestays with local families, packaged in a book light enough to fit in your day pack
- In-depth coverage of Siem Reap, Angkor and all its temples, Phnom Penh, and excursions to Banteay Chhmar, Sambor Prei Kuk, Preah Khan, Koh Ker, Preah Vihear, and Battambang
Expanding your trip? Check out Moon Vietnam or Moon Phuket & Ko Samui.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION