Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Fully updated and expanded!
- Added steps for Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan
- Over 30% more material
- Expanded coverage on mobile device safety
- Expanded coverage on safety for kids online
- Choosing and managing passwords
- Securely browsing the web and communicating with others
- Securely setting up home networking
- Shopping and banking online
- Locking down social media accounts
- Creating automated backups
- Managing your home computers
- Using your smart phone and tablet safely
- Safeguarding your kids online
Don't Get Caught With Your Drawbridge Down!
Just how secure is your computer right now? My guess is that you probably don't really know. Computers and the Internet have revolutionized the modern world, but if you're like most people, you have no clue how these things work or what the real threats are.
Protecting your computer is like defending a medieval castle. While moats, walls, drawbridges and castle guards can be effective, you'd go broke trying to build something dragon-proof. This book is not about protecting yourself from a targeted attack by the NSA; it's about armoring yourself against common hackers and mass surveillance. There are dozens of no-brainer things we should all be doing to protect our computers and safeguard our data - just like wearing a seat belt, installing smoke alarms, and putting on sunscreen.
I've structured this book to give you maximum benefit with minimum effort. If you just want to know what to do, every chapter has a complete checklist with step-by-step instructions and pictures. The book contains well over 100 tips that are guaranteed to make you and your family safer!
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION