Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Recreational or sport fishing is important for three major reasons:
- economic (it is a multi-billion dollar world industry);
- social (it is embedded in the cultures of many nations;
- ecological (it affects the environment and food webs in many ways).
Recreational Fisheries covers a range of methods, case studies and perspectives on the multidisciplinary evaluation of the benefits and costs of sports fisheries.
Tony Pitcher and Charles Hollingworth, the editors of this landmark publication, have drawn together chapters from more than 30 contributors from North America, Europe, Australia and South Africa, providing a truly international perspective on a global industry. Contents include detailed assessments, evaluations and survey mthods of sport fisheries in many countries.
This book is an essential reference for anyone active in the management, assessment, policy making or development of sport and recreational fisheries worldwide. All fisheries scientists and managers will require a copy of this important publication. Environmental and aquatic scientists, ecologists and oceanographers will also find this book of great value in their work. Libraries in research establishments, laboratories and universities where fisheries and biological sciences are studied and taught should have multiple copies of this book.
- Covers a worldwide industry of great commercial importance.
- Internationally known editors and contributors from four continents.
- Uses case studies from around the globe to illustrate the subject.
- A core subject essential to fisheries scientists.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION