Molecular Mechanisms of Photosynthesis stands as an ideal introduction to this subject. Robert Blankenship, a leading authority in photosynthesis research, offers a modern approach to photosynthesis in this accessible and well-illustrated text. The book provides a concise overview of the basic principles of energy storage and the history of the field, then progresses into more advanced topics such as electron transfer pathways, kinetics, genetic manipulations, and evolution. Throughout, Blankenship includes an interdisciplinary emphasis that makes this book appealing across fields.
- Leading authority in Photosynthesis and the the President of the International Society of Photosynthesis Research.
- First authoritative text to enter the market in 10 years.
- Stresses an interdisciplinary approach, which appeals to all science students.
- Emphasizes the recent advances in molecular structures and mechanisms.
- Only text to contain comprehensive coverage of both bacterial and plant photosynthesis.
- Includes the latest insights and research on structural information, improved spectroscopic techniques as well as advances in biochemical and genetic methods.
- Presents the most extensive treatment of the Origin and evolution of photosynthesis.
- Comprehensive appendix, which includes a detailed introduction to the physical basis of photosynthesis, including thermodynamics, kinetics and spectroscopy.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION