Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Modern Mycology is an established text that continues to provide a comprehensive introduction to fungi--a group of organisms distinct from all other forms of life. It will appeal to undergraduate students taking courses in microbiology, mycology and biology. This edition has been fully revised and updated to reflect the many exciting developments in the field; notably, those relating to understanding fungal cell biology and the application of fungal molecular genetics. The author maintains the tradition of clarity and accessibility set by previous editions, and the text is extensively illustrated with photographs and diagrams.
In keeping with modern teaching methods, this textbook adopts a functional approach and emphasizes the behaviour, physiology, activities and practical significance of fungi. The book contains extensive sections on the fungal pathogens of plants, animals and humans; the roles of fungi in major environmental processes; and the use of fungi as biological control agents of pests and pathogens.
- Essential reading for undergraduate students taking courses in microbiology and mycology.
- Fully revised and updated to reflect the many exciting new developments in the field, notably those relating to an understanding of fungal cell biology and the application of fungal molecular genetics.
- Adopts a functional approach in keeping with modern teaching methods.
- Maintains tradition of clarity and accessibility set by previous editions.
- Extensively illustrated with photographs (including colour) and diagrams.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION