This book extends models of early literacy, analyzing how childrens reading and spelling skills develop throughout their school career.
- An account of how a childs reading and spelling develop which goes beyond the early years
- Shows that there are radical changes in the way children read and spell as they get older
- Describes a new theory about the learning that goes on in the later stages of reading and spelling
- Makes clear the educational implications of this theory
- The authors research has previously contributed to the literacy hour a government initiative to improve the teaching of literacy skills in UK schools
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION