Sexuality in Greek and Roman Culture is the first comprehensive survey of ancient Greek and Roman sexuality.
- Covers a wide range of subjects, including Greek pederasty and the symposium, ancient prostitution, representations of women in Greece and Rome, and the public regulation of sexual behavior.
- Introduces readers to the bitter theoretical debates that have been fought about gender and sexuality in the classical world.
- The material is ordered chronologically.
- Draws parallels between ancient sexual ideology and contemporary culture.
- Draws on literary, artistic and archaeological sources, as well as secondary scholarly sources.
- Theoretically sophisticated and skillfully argued, yet accessible.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION