Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
From Naming to Saying explores the classicquestion of the unity of the proposition, combining an historical approach with contemporary causal theories to offer a unique and novel solution.
- Presents compelling and sophisticated answers to questions about how language represents the world.
- Defends a novel approach to the classical question about the unity of the proposition.
- Examines three key historical theories: Freges doctrine of concept and object, Russells analysis of the sentence, and Wittgensteins picture theory of meaning.
- Combines an historical approach with discussion and defense of a contemporary causal theory of the unity of the proposition.
- Establishes a view compatible with, though not dependent on, a causal theory of meaning.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION