The classic and contemporary readings in this collection represent the four most influential theories of truth correspondence, pragmatist, coherence, and deflationary theories.
- A collection of classic and contemporary philosophical reflections on the nature of truth.
- Opens with an introduction to theories of truth, designed for readers with little or no prior knowledge of the subject.
- Divided into four sections on the most important theories of truth - correspondence, pragmatist, coherence, and deflationary theories.
- Brings together articles in the recent debate over the correspondence theory and deflationism that are not otherwise available in one place.
- Includes contributions by C.S. Peirce, William James, Bertrand Russell, Alfred Tarski, Hartry Field, Dorothy Grover, Anil Gupta and others.
- Concludes with an extensive bibliography of recent articles on truth.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION