This Companion brings together specially commissioned essays by distinguished international scholars that reflect both the diversity of Victorian poetry and the variety of critical approaches that illuminate it.
- Approaches Victorian poetry by way of genre, production and cultural context, rather than through individual poets or poems
- Demonstrates how a particular poet or poem emerges from a number of overlapping cultural contexts.
- Explores the relationships between work by different poets
- Recalls attention to a considerable body of poetry that has fallen into neglect
- Essays are informed by recent developments in textual and cultural theory
- Considers Victorian women poets in every chapter
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION