The Companion combines a broad grounding in the essential texts and contexts of the modernist movement with the unique insights of scholars whose careers have been devoted to the study of modernism.
- An essential resource for students and teachers of modernist literature and culture
- Broad in scope and comprehensive in coverage
- Includes more than 60 contributions from some of the most distinguished modernist scholars on both sides of the Atlantic
- Brings together entries on elements of modernist culture, contemporary intellectual and aesthetic movements, and all the genres of modernist writing and art
- Features 25 essays on the signal texts of modernist literature, from James Joyces Ulysses to Zora Neal Hurstons Their Eyes Were Watching God
- Pays close attention to both British and American modernism
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION