Decolonization and its Impact is a ground-breaking comparative study of decolonization from before the Second World War to the early 1960s.
- Compares key cases across the European colonial empires
- Focuses on the process and impact of decolonization at the level of the 'late colonial state' and of colonial societies
- Presents an original model of decolonization that seeks to reconcile imperial and nationalist perspectives
- Engages with important theoretical approaches
- Makes extensive reference to recent literature on the subject
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION