This highly accessible, manageable program is user-friendly for instructors, teaching assistants, and students. Known for its succinct and precise grammar explanations, its presentation of high-frequency and practical vocabulary, and overall flexibility, Hola, amigos! continues to maintain its appeal with instructors regardless of their preferred methodology. The program is designed to develop students' ability to communicate effectively in Spanish in a variety of situations as well as to strengthen cultural awareness and competence. It offers a full scope and sequence, yet is brief enough to be used effectively for a two-semester course. The Seventh Edition features all-new art and video programs as well as enhanced integration and presentation of culture. All components are fully integrated with the flexibility to accommodate a range of scheduling factors, contact hours, course objectives, and ability levels.
- New! More comprehensive approach to culture includes expanded unit openers that introduce target cultures through maps, flags, photos, captions, and a unit-ending cultural section enhanced by readings and integrated video.
- New! Additional activities accompanying lesson-opening dialogues provide increased opportunities for students to develop comprehension and speaking skills.
- New! New De pas a pas section highlights regional variations of key vocabulary to increase student awareness of linguistic diversity.
- New! New two-tiered video presents situational interactions that incorporate lesson vocabulary and grammar structures as well as cultural footage of the target countries and cultures.
- Practical, useful vocabulary presentation enables students to start communicating effectively in Spanish in a variety of situations.
- Clear, logical grammar presentations demonstrate practical use of the language, with explanations in English followed by examples of their use in natural Spanish.
- Abundance of varied practice guides students from controlled to more open-ended practice in all four skills.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION