This reader is designed to supplement a range of higher education or women's studies courses, or as a primary text for women in higher education, gender and women's studies. Incorporating selections from both journals and books from the 1990s, this reader presents the current issues facing women in academia. Comparative, multicultural, and policy perspectives are all included to acknowledge the complexities of gender studies in contemporary society.
The essays in the reader represent the best feminist scholarship in the field of higher education that fall under five main themes: Theoretical and Research Perspectives; Context: Historical, Social, and Institutional; Feminist Theoretical and Research Perspectives; Women as Academic Leaders, Faculty and Students; Comparative and International Perspectives; Feminist Pedagogy and Curriculum Transformation.
- Comprehensive and contemporary readings designed to appeal to a wide readership in the field of higher education
- Incorporates new sections on critical policy studies, global feminism, and feminist research methods
- All selections are written by authors with considerable reputations as feminist scholars
- The selections represent much of the outstanding research now being done to expand the knowledge base of feminist theory and research methodology
- Includes a new section on how to use the reader as a teaching tool
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION