The ASP.NET 2.0 Framework introduced web developers to dozens of new server controls and components, and a greatly expanded and easier structure for writing their own server controls and components. Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Server Control and Component Development covers the breadth of server control functionality as well as the rest of the membership, role management, SchemaImporterExtension, and so on the functionality referred to as components. Written for the experienced ASP.NET developer, Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Server Control and Component Development will show you how to write your first sever control or custom component.
The step-by-step coverage drills down to the details of the extensible part of the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework that you need to extend to write the specified type of custom control or component. Rather than present the extensible part as a black box, it presents a detailed step-by-step approach to implement functional replica of the extensible part, discusses the replicas code in detail, and provides an in-depth coverage of the techniques, tools, and technologies used in the code. From there you get a detailed practical recipe for developing the specified type of custom control or component and book then uses the recipe to implement one or more real-world custom controls or components of the specified type that you can use in your own Web applications.
Some of the many types of controls and components you'll learn to build are:
- Web Parts: four chapters on Web Parts in ASP.NET 2.0 develop a number of custom WebPart, EditorPart, CatalogPart, WebPartZone, WebPartChrome, WebPartVerb, WebPartManager, and data-bound WebPart controls.
- 5 chapters on ASP.NET 2.0 security, membership, and role management components
- 5 chapters on ASP.NET 2.0 tabular and hierarchical data source controls and custom Parameter components
- 4 chapters on ASP.NET 2.0 tabular data-bound controls and data control fields
- Developing controls and components that can access any type of data store and automate all their data operations such as Delete, Update, Insert, and Sort.
- XML Web service, WSDL, Google XML Web service API, SchemaImporterExtension, ISerializable, and CodeDom
- XmlReader, XmlWriter, XPathNavigator, DOM, and XmlResolver
- Provider-Based Services including how to implement a RSS service provider that can feed RSS from any type of data store such as SQL Server, file system, Web services, and so on
- HTTP modules, HTTP handler factories, HTTP handlers, and control builders including developing an HTTP module and an HTTP handler factory that perform URL rewriting and an HTTP handler that generates RSS feeds
- User controls and composite and templated custom controls
- State management and custom type converters.
- Events, IPostBackEventHandler, IPostBackDataHandler, and Page lifecycle
This book is also available as part of the 5-book ASP.NET 2.0 Wrox Box (ISBN: 0-470-11757-5). This 5-book set includes:
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Special Edition (ISBN: 0-470-04178-1)
- ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution (ISBN: 0764584642 )
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Security, Membership, and Role Management (ISBN: 0764596985)
- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Server Control and Component Development (ISBN: 0471793507)
- ASP.NET 2.0 MVP Hacks and Tips (ISBN: 0764597663)
- CD-ROM with more than 1000 pages of bonus chapters from 15 other .NET 2.0 and SQL Server(TM) 2005 Wrox books
- DVD with 180-day trial version of Microsoft(r) Visual Studio(r) 2005 Professional Edition
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION