If 3ds Max 8 can do it, you can do it too...
Spark your creativity with the world's most popular animation software and the detailed instruction in this power-packed book from an industry expert. If you're new to 3ds Max, jump right in with a Quick Start program that will have you modeling and rendering a complete image your first day. Experienced users, discover exciting new Max 8 features such as a new module for hair and fur, a new cloth system, and much more. This comprehensive book covers every feature, and it's loaded with professional techniques and full color examples to inspire you.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of 3ds Max 8
- Model a detailed creature right away with the Quick Start tutorial
- Add realistic and dynamic hair, fur, and cloth to your models
- Create complex characters with Max's new biped features
- Use the expanded Edit Poly options to work more efficiently with Edge Ring and Edge Loop selections
- Explore Max's new Asset Tracking system including the Autodesk(r) Vault client
- Make texture creation a snap with the new Pelt mapping method and the Render UVW Template feature
- Save, load, and retarget animation files using the supported XML Animation File (XAF) format
- Easily render a series of stills from several angles with the new Batch Render tool
Bonus DVD Included!
Features a wide selection of 3D models and textures just right for your own projects, plus the Max files and examples to more than 150 tutorials. The DVD also includes a full-color electronic version of the book!
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION