Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
An invaluable tutorial on the dramatic changes to Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.0
Featuring myriad changes from its previous versions, EJB 3.0 boasts a very different programming and deployment model, with nearly every aspect of development affected. Even the most experienced EBJ and J2EE developers will need to relearn how to best use EJB to develop mission-critical applications. This author team of experts has taken their combined skills in architecture, development, consulting, and knowledge transfer to explain the various changes to EJB 3.0 as well as the rationale behind these changes. You'll learn the concepts and techniques for authoring distributed, enterprise components in Java from the ground up.
Covering basic through advanced subjects, Mastering Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 is more than 50 percent new and revised. Four new chapters and one new appendix cover the latest features of this new release, and in-depth coverage of the Java Persistence API and the entities defined therein is provided. The authors' main goal is to get you programming with EJB immediately. To that end, you'll learn:
* How to implement EJB 3.0 beans, with emphasis on session beans (stateful and stateless) and message-driven beans
* Both basic and advanced concepts (such as inheritance, relationships, and so on) of Java Persistence API defined entities
* How to develop and deploy EJB 3.0 Web services
* How to secure EJB applications
* How to integrate EJB applications with the outside world via the Java EE Connector technology
* Tips and techniques for designing and deploying EJB for better performance
* How clustering in large-scale EJB systems works
* Best practices for EJB application design, development, and testing
The companion Web site provides all the source code, updates to the source code examples, and a PDF version of the book.
Wiley Technology Publishing Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/go/sriganesh
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION