Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The inside scoop...for when you want more than the official line!
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 may be a robust and flexible operating system, but to use it with confidence you'll need to know its quirks and shortcuts. Find out what the manual doesn't always tell you in this insider's guide to using Windows XP in the real world. What's the best way to handle security? How do you set up a network?
From handling data to avoiding crashes, first get the official way, then the best way from two expert power users.
* Unbiased coverage of how to get the most out of Windows XP Service Pack 2, including the new Windows Firewall and wireless UI
* Savvy, real-world advice, from customizing your desktop and managing files to setting up a home network and maintaining security
* Time-saving techniques and practical guidance on how to end-run Windows quirks, avoid pitfalls, and increase your productivity
* Tips and hacks on XP Home versus XP Professional, the new Windows Media Player, managing portable computers, and others
* Sidebars, tables, and illustrations on expanding your reach with PowerToys, getting rid of hidden Windows components, playing games the way your video card intended, and more
Watch for these graphic icons in every chapter to guide you to specific practical information.
* Bright Ideas are smart innovations that will save you time or hassle.
* Hacks are insider tips and shortcuts that increase productivity. When you see
* Watch Out! heed the cautions or warnings to help you avoid common pitfalls. And finally, check out
* Inside Scoops for practical insights from the author. It's like having your own expert at your side!
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION