Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Take command of your communication skills and career.
Whatever your career objectives, you'll most likely need good communication skills to achieve your goals. With Bell and Smith's Management Communication, 2nd Edition, you'll build essential writing, speaking, and listening skills that you can rely on throughout your career.
You'll explore such key issues as communication ethics, crisis communication, media appearances, meeting skills, behavioral interviewing, telephone work, and more. Along the way, the book provides many opportunities for you to apply your skills in different settings, through more than two dozen detailed cases and a variety of exercises.
Now updated and revised, this Second Edition features expanded coverage of electronic communication media, oral communication, and listening, as well as more checklists, additional longer cases, and updated web assignments.
Learn how to:
* Adapt your communications to the specific needs of your audience.
* Make the best use of communication technologies.
* Prepare for intercultural communication challenges.
* Master the art of writing persuasive letters, memos, and email.
* Get past writer's block.
* Overcome the fear of public speaking.
* Find your own writing and speaking voice.
* Create an effective resume and application letter.
About the Authors: Arthur H. Bell, PhD is Director of Communication Programs and Professor of Management Communication at the Masagung Graduate School of Business, University of San Francisco. Dayle M. Smith, PhD is Professor of Management at the School of Business, University of San Francisco, where she is also Director of the Honors Program.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION