Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
With Vista, Windows has had an extreme makeover. Many of the features that were old friends in Windows XP now look and act differently. And if youre thinking of upgrading to Vista but havent done it yet, wow there are eight different versions! How do you know which one to choose?
Thats easy look in Book One of Windows Vista All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies. Windows expert Woody Leonhard starts off this everything-you-want-to-know-about -Vista guide by helping you choose the version that fits your needs. He follows that with minibooks Two through Nine, each devoted to one specific area setting up, securing, and customizing Vista, going online, adding cool hardware, getting the most from multimedia, exploring Vista video, and setting up a network. Youll find out about:
- Ripping and burning discs of data, music, or movies
- Organizing desktop files and folders
- Collecting and editing your digital photos in the Photo Gallery
- Controlling users, making backups, and maintaining your system
- Locking down your system to deflect spam, scams, spyware, phishers, and viruses
- Exploring alternatives to Internet Explorer
- Adding hard drives, printers, key drives, USB hubs, and other hardware
- Making movies, adding music to your iPod, and setting up Media Center
Covering almost anything you will ever need to know for a long and happy relationship with Vista, Windows Vista All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is a guide youll refer to again and again.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION