Ever feel as though Windows XP was running YOU, instead of the other way around? Maybe it's time to show Windows who's boss. Make it run YOUR way. Get rid of the stuff that doesn't help you do what you want to do. Soup up security so you're better protected against spyware and other nasties. Find things faster with more efficient searches. Woody Leonhard shows you exactly how to do it in Windows XP Hacks & Mods For Dummies.
Don't let the word hack intimidate you. Woody walks you through every suggested adjustment step by step. He even provides plenty of explanation about what's involved and what tools you need. Windows XP Hacks & Mods For Dummies even gives you a convenient list of common hacks you should avoid because they dont accomplish much.You'll discover how to:
- Eliminate the annoying features that came pre-installed on your PC
- Speed up your system performance
- Pin programs, folders, files, and Web pages so they appear on your Start menu
- Launch applications more quickly
- Boost the performance of your favorite games
- Get the most from your iPod and Windows Media Player
- Navigate peer-to-peer file sharing safely
- Find free virus protection
In the fun and friendly Dummies style, Woody Leonhard gives you tons of helpful advice to make your relationship with Windows XP a lot more rewarding.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION