Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The classic and authoritative reference in the field of computer security, now completely updated and revised
With the continued presence of large-scale computers; the proliferation of desktop, laptop, and handheld computers; and the vast international networks that interconnect them, the nature and extent of threats to computer security have grown enormously. Now in its fifth edition, Computer Security Handbook continues to provide authoritative guidance to identify and to eliminate these threats where possible, as well as to lessen any losses attributable to them.
With seventy-seven chapters contributed by a panel of renowned industry professionals, the new edition has increased coverage in both breadth and depth of all ten domains of the Common Body of Knowledge defined by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC).
Of the seventy-seven chapters in the fifth edition, twenty-five chapters are completely new, including:
1. Hardware Elements of Security
2. Fundamentals of Cryptography and Steganography
3. Mathematical models of information security
4. Insider threats
5. Social engineering and low-tech attacks
6. Spam, phishing, and Trojans: attacks meant to fool
7. Biometric authentication
8. VPNs and secure remote access
9. Securing Peer2Peer, IM, SMS, and collaboration tools
10. U.S. legal and regulatory security issues, such as GLBA and SOX
Whether you are in charge of many computers or just one important one, there are immediate steps you can take to safeguard your computer system and its contents. Computer Security Handbook, Fifth Edition equips you to protect the information and networks that are vital to your organization.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION