The Fourth Edition of Greene's Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis continues to be an indispensable reference for controlling the reactivity of the most common functional groups during a synthetic sequence. This new edition incorporates the significant developments in the field since publication of the third edition in 1998, including...
- New protective groups such as the fluorous family and the uniquely removable 2-methoxybenzenesulfonyl group for the protection of amines
- New techniques for the formation and cleavage of existing protective groups, with examples to illustrate each new technique
- Expanded coverage of the unexpected side reactions that occur with protective groups
- New chart covering the selective deprotection of silyl ethers
- 3,100 new references from the professional literature
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION