Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Get a comprehensive introduction to the profession of interior design.
Today's interior designer is a professional who understands and practices the principles of good design and calls upon a wide range of other abilities, from interpersonal skills in working with clients to good business practices that keep projects on track to a knowledge of building codes and health and safety issues.
Get a comprehensive overview of both the field of interior design and the many areas of expertise you'll need for a successful career as an interior designer with this guide. A few of the concepts covered are:
- The history of interior design through the ages.
- The process of interior design, from development of a design concept to analysis of built spaces to design development presentation, and more.
- The elements and principles of design.
- Working with residential, commercial, cultural, and institutional spaces.
- Environmentally healthy design.
- Lighting, interior furnishings, and finishes.
- New computer technologies for designers.
Lavishly illustrated and written in a clear, entertaining style, Interior Design: A Survey gives you a thorough view of the profession of interior design as it is practiced today.
Visit the companion Web site: www.wiley.com/go/interiordesignsurvey
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION