Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Concise and focused-these are the two guiding principles of Young, Munson, and Okiishi's Third Edition of A Brief Introduction to Fluid Mechanics.
The authors clearly present basic analysis techniques and address practical concerns and applications, such as pipe flow, open-channel flow, flow measurement, and drag and lift. Homework problems in every chapter-including open-ended problems, problems based on the CD-ROM videos, laboratory problems, and computer problems-emphasize the practical application of principles. More than 100 worked examples provide detailed solutions to a variety of problems.
The Third Edition offers several new features and enhancements, including:
- A variety of new simple figures in the margins that will help you visualize the concepts described in the text.
- Chapter Summary and Study Guide sections at the end of each chapter that will help you assess your understanding of the material.
- Simplified presentation of the Reynolds transport theorem.
- New homework problems added to every chapter.
- Highlighted key works in each chapter.
- 75 short video segments that illustrate various aspects of fluid mechanics
- 30 extended laboratory-type problems
- Actual experimental data for simple experiments in an Excel format
- 168 review problems.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION