Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Using technology to be a more effective teacher
Will your students be prepared for success in the 21st century? How can you, as a teacher, prepare yourself for the challenge of preparing your students with the knowledge, skills, judgement, and wisdom to become productive citizens in an increasingly technological world?
Guiding Learning With Technology gives you the tools you need to guide your students in learning with a variety of information and communication technologies. Challenging you to think in new ways, this text helps you build a strong knowledge base of the technology that is available to teachers and students. As you learn to incorporate sound teaching and learning practices with technologies, you will develop a Technology Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) that will support you in teaching with technology throughout your career.
Based on the National Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS*T), Guiding Learning With Technology introduces you to the concept of TPCK and demonstrates its importance to teaching your subject matter at your intended grade level. Chapters cover:
* Preparing teachers for guiding learning with technology in the 21st Century
* Technology standards for teachers and for students
* Connecting technology with learning using word processing, spreadsheets, the Internet and databases, multimedia, and hypermedia
* Responding to emerging technologies
* Models and strategies for technology-infused lessons
* Designing and implementing instruction with technology
* Using technology to enrich the assessment of student learning
With a host of pedagogical tools that enhance your mastery of the material as well as your ability to apply the concepts and techniques presented, Guiding Learning With Technology is a unique resource that will have you utilizing every tool to engage, educate, and inspire your students.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION