Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The first and only step-by-step guide to selecting the best R&D projects
In today's fiercely competitive global economy, so much depends on making the correct R&D project choice. The first and only guide offering comprehensive coverage of state-of-the-art selection techniques now being used by decision-makers in industry, government, and academe, R&D Project Selection is an indispensable working resource for research and development managers, department heads, administrators, policymakers, consulting engineers, and all those involved in the project selection and management process. Applicable to all fields of technical, engineering, and scientific research it:
* Provides an in-depth analysis of the nine major selection methods--including cluster analysis, cognitive modeling, simulation, portfolio optimization, and decision theory
* Explores the strengths and weaknesses of each and shows how they relate to one another
* Features extensive coverage of the data requirements for each method
* Supplies R&D managers with clear guidelines on how to effectively tailor the various selection methods to meet the demands of their organizations' unique situations and goals
* Offers scientists and engineers a wealth of proposal-writing tips that can dramatically increase their chances of getting funding for their projects
The first and only professional guide devoted exclusively to the subject, R&D Project Selection describes the most successful project selection methods now in use in government, industry, and academe.
Based on its author's extensive professional experience as well as his exhaustive review of the past 30 years of R&D management literature, it provides an in-depth analysis of nine major selection methods--including cluster analysis, cognitive modeling, simulation, portfolio optimization, decision theory, and others. It explores the strengths and weaknesses of each, shows how they relate to one another, and provides extensive coverage (six chapters) of the data requirements for each.
Just as importantly, this unique guide provides R&D managers with clear guidelines on how to effectively tai-lor the various selection methods discussed to meet the demands of their organizations' unique situations and goals.
Applicable to all fields of technical, engineering, and scientific research, R&D Project Selection is an indispensable working resource for R&D managers working in industry, academe, and government. It arms them with clear, step-by-step guidelines on how to effectively select projects so as not to fall short on work already in progress or to overcommit and exceed available resources. At the same time, it supplies scientists and engineers with a wealth of information on how best to tailor their project proposals to increase the likelihood of funding.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION