The long-awaited Third Edition of the classic in polymer synthesis Thirty years ago, the Second Edition of Preparative Methods of Polymer Chemistry further established its reputation as the laboratory bible for polymer synthesis. The last three decades have witnessed a deeper understanding of the principles involved in preparing and processing polymers, leading to tremendous advances in polymer synthesis. Guiding practicing scientists through the methods of synthesizing polymers, the Third Edition retains theory and vital protocols, while revising and updating the sections on synthesis, fabrication techniques, and characterization methods. Delving into the physical and chemical aspects of polymer processing, each chapter includes a discussion of the relevant background and principles, enabling the scientist to apply synthetic techniques intelligently. The Third Edition also contains sections on current topics such as:
- Extended-chain polymer technology
- High-temperature and high-performance polymers
- Carbon fibers
- Electrically conductive polymers
- Group-transfer polymerization
- Composites Preparative Methods of Polymer Chemistry, Third Edition provides essential information for both students and practicing polymer scientists.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION