The complete guide to building technology
This comprehensive guide provides complete coverage of every aspect of the building technologist's profession. It details design and installation procedures, describes all relevant equipment and hardware, and illustrates the preparation of working drawings and construction details that meet project specifications, code requirements, and industry standards. The author establishes procedures for professional field inspections and equipment operations tests, provides real-world examples from both residential and nonresidential construction projects, and makes specific references to code compliance throughout the text.
This new edition incorporates changes in building codes, advances in materials and design techniques, and the emergence of computer-aided design (CAD), while retaining the logical structure and helpful special features of the first edition. More than 1,100 drawings, tables, and photographs complement and illustrate discussions in the text. Topics covered include:
* Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems- equipment and design
* Plumbing systems- equipment and design
* Electrical and lighting systems- equipment and design
* Testing, adjusting, and balancing procedures for all building systems
* Every aspect of the building technologist's profession, from the creation of working drawings through on-site supervision and systems maintenance
Extensive appendices include conversion factors; duct design data; test report forms for use in field work; design forms and schedules for electrical, HVAC, and plumbing work; and more.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION