Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The final volume in the standard-setting reference on therapeutic designed drugs . . .
BURGER'S MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY AND DRUG DISCOVERY, FIFTH EDITION, Volume 5: Therapeutic Agents
This volume on Therapeutic Agents completes Burger's incisive, systematic examination of the fascinating new world of custom-designed therapeutic agents. Volume 5 highlights the link between chemical structure and biological activity, and explores chemotherapeutic agents, CNS and endocrine drugs, and radiological agents. It continues the authoritative coverage begun in earlier volumes and contains a comprehensive index for the entire edition.
* Antimalarial agents
* Agents affecting the action of
* Cognition enhancers, agents, and prostaglandins pharmacodynamic models for
* Agents affecting the action of Alzheimer's disease leukotrienes and thromboxanes
* Antidepressant agent
* Histamine H1 receptor antagonists
* Antianxiety agents
* Antiviral agents, RNA viruses
* Antipsychotic agents other than HIV
* Antihistamines, topical ocular
* Antiinflammatory steroids
Essential to research in drug discovery and design, Volume 5 of Burger's Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery is a cornerstone reference for professionals in the biopharmaceutical industry and academic research.
Burger's Medicinal Chemistry, Fifth Edition consists of five volumes:
* Volume 1: Principles and Practice (0-471-57556-9) 1994
* . . . an essential addition to the libraries of any medicinal chemist . . . an outstanding work . . . highly praised as a fountain of information in drug studies and research. --Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
* Volume 2: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57557-7) 1996
* Volume 3: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57558-5) 1996
* Volume 4: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57559-3) 1997
* Volume 5: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57560-7) 1997
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION