Predict, Avoid, Manageand Even Profit FromBankruptcy With this new Second Edition of the first definitive guide This new edition of the premier business failure, insolvency, default, and bankruptcy guide provides financial professionals of every stripe with a master reference to the latest banking, credit, investment, legal, financial, and management thought and practice. To help readers combat corporate distress in the 90s and beyond, distinguished author Edward I. Altman includes coverage of
- Unique statistical toolsauthor-developed techniques for assessing firms distress potential, measuring debt price movements, benchmarking debt investor and market performance, establishing the present value of loans, and so much more.
- Junk bondsAltman revisits this market to provide an in-depth analysis of the role and risk-return trade-offs of this controversial source of finance
- Emerging trendscomplete explorations of debtor-in-possession lending, prepackaged bankruptcy, and the epidemic of fraudulent conveyance suits resulting from ill-conceived restructurings
- An evaluation of the Chapter 11 process, now under public scrutiny and criticism
- Bankruptcy reorganization case historiesreal-world data to help readers carry out debtor valuation analyses and restructurings, featuring Duplan Corporation and Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel Corporation
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION