Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
An up-to-date, comprehensive guide to LITHIUM CHEMISTRY
Although lithium has been the subject of numerous individual studies, this intriguing element has rarely been examined from the broad perspective many researchers require. Lithium Chemistry: A Theoretical and Experimental Overview fills this void by providing the most thorough and up-to-date overview available of current theories and experimental data.
Supported by nearly two hundred illustrations, this book draws upon the expertise of prominent researchers in the field, and treats the full range of modern applications and techniques. The result is a unique and invaluable guide to lithium studies for researchers and graduate students working in the fields of organic, inorganic, and organo-metallic chemistry.
Lithium Chemistry: A Theoretical and Experimental Overview assumes a background in quantum chemistry and experimental physical chemistry at the graduate level and includes coverage of these major topics:
* Bonding, structures, and energies in organolithium compounds
* Theoretical studies of aggregates of lithium compounds
* Comparison of lithium and hydrogen bonds
* Lithium atom matrix reactions with small molecules
* NMR of organolithium compounds
* Aspects of the thermochemistry of lithium compounds
* The structure of lithiated amines and lithiated ethers--from carbanions to carbenoids
* Complexes of inorganic lithium salts
* Structures of lithium salts of heteroatom compounds
* Synthetic ionophores for lithium ions
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION