Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
In this new text, the author blends accessible coverage of quantitative methods with engaging qualitative topics. Meaningful examples clearly illustrate the logic and analytical thought process of modeling, and behavioral analysis is included in the use and implementation of analytical models. With a unique chapter of plant tours early in the book, students get a real-world, practical orientation throughout the text.
* On the Job boxes- profiles of people in professions outside of operations who use operations management concepts daily- demonstrate the importance of Operations management to non-majors.
* Quantitative and qualitative issues are fully integrated. Extended examples and real-world cases show students the range of analysis needed to manage, and how these tools are complementary rather than mutually exclusive.
* Four different Plant Tours- including both manufacturing and service operations- show students real production systems in action.
* In Good Company boxes demonstrate the importance of operations management in real companies.
* The coverage is state-of-the-art throughout, including Lean Production. Just-in-time production, EDI, concurrent engineering and cellular production. Sections on ecological implications are included in several chapters.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION