Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Rapid advancement of telecommunications and information technology has created the potential for high-quality expert healthcare to be delivered when and where it is needed. This text charts the development of the telemedicine industry, defines its current scope and reveals the potential of new methodologies.
* explains the main features of telemedicine and telecare
* reviews the technology needed for telemedicine
* describes how to develop, deliver and evaluate telemedicine services
* considers the associated ethical and legal issues
* includes an in-depth survey of the literature with over 300 references to research articles and hyperlinks to associated websites
This text provides a good working knowledge of the subject matter. It will be indispensable for all students on courses related to medicine and health care management. It also addresses the strategic, technical and operational issues faced by clinicians and healthcare managers considering the introduction of telemedicine services offering solutions for a variety of situations.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION