If you need to know more about communication's security management, this is the perfect book for you...
Secure Communications confronts the practicalities of implementing the ideals of the security policy makers. Based on 15 years experience, the author addresses the key problems faced by security managers, starting from network conception, initial setting up and the maintenance of network security by key management. Many different types of communications networks are discussed using a wide range of topics, including voice, telephone, mobile phone, radio, fax, data transmission and storage, IP, and Email technologies. Each topic is portrayed in a number of different operational environments.
* Explains the practical links between cryptography and telecommunications
* Addresses the pertinent issues of implementation of cryptography as a method of protecting information
* Supports each communications technology and the fundamentals of cryptography with useful and relevant telecommunications material
* Provides practical solutions by network modelling and stimulating the reader's imagination on how to deal with their own network protection
* Highlights the need for a structured infrastructure in an organisation's security that complements the technical solutions
Easy to read and highly illustrated, this timely publication probes the sensitive issues that manufacturers and agencies prefer to avoid and uses eye opening, historical events, to highlight the failings and weaknesses of the past and present. So if you work within the areas of telecommunications and security or are a researcher or student eager to know more, read on...
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION