Offers a comprehensive and detailed description of services and protocols of the systems. Particular attention is paid to the radio-related specifics required for establishment of a mobile communication system. All systems described have been implemented during research for analysis of their performance by event driven stochastic simulation under typical traffic loads. Consequently the similarities and differences between systems are described clearly and coherently.
* Expanded and updated chapter on GPRS/EDGE and performance evaluation results
* Performance evaluation results of EDGE and UMTS
* Completely new material in chapter 5; 3rd Generation Networks
* Revised and expanded chapter on Wireless Local Area Networks including a performance comparison of HIPERLAN/2 and IEEE 802.11a
* New sections on Bluetooth, WAP and WML, Terrestrial Trunked Radio (ETSI/TETRA) and related systems
* Detailed analysis of GSM driven services; Universal Personal Telecommunications
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION