Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A practical treatment of power system design within the oil, gas, petrochemical and offshore industries. These have significantly different characteristics to large-scale power generation and long distance public utility industries.
Developed from a series of lectures on electrical power systems given to oil company staff and university students, Sheldrake's work provides a careful balance between sufficient mathematical theory and comprehensive practical application knowledge.
Features of the text include:
- Comprehensive handbook detailing the application of electrical engineering to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries
- Practical guidance to the electrical systems equipment used on off-shore production platforms, drilling rigs, pipelines, refineries and chemical plants
- Summaries of the necessary theories behind the design together with practical guidance on selecting the correct electrical equipment and systems required
- Presents numerous 'rule of thumb' examples enabling quick and accurate estimates to be made
- Provides worked examples to demonstrate the topic with practical parameters and data
- Each chapter contains initial revision and reference sections prior to concentrating on the practical aspects of power engineering including the use of computer modelling
- Offers numerous references to other texts, published papers and international standards for guidance and as sources of further reading material
- Presents over 35 years of experience in one self-contained reference
- Comprehensive appendices include lists of abbreviations in common use, relevant international standards and conversion factors for units of measure
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION