Provides a thorough and accessible introduction to the fast-growing area of multirate digital signal processing covering both the fundamental theory and the practical applications. The key characteristic of multirate algorithms is their high computational efficiency, and hence their increasing implementation in a range of applications from digital audio broadcasting to multi-carrier data transmission and subband speech coding. This book gives a comprehensive analysis of the subject and features include:
* A summary of the key properties of those filters which employ multirate techniques including cascaded multirate filters, multirate complementary filters, and interpolated FIR filters
* An assessment of the properties of various digital filter banks, such as quadratur mirror, parunitary, biorthogonal, modulated, polyphase, and multicomplementary filter banks
* Design methodologies for multirate filters and filter banks
* An examination of the discrete wavelet transform using filter banks, the construction of wavelets and examples of wavelet systems
* A complete overview of current applications and a look ahead towards the future developments in the field
This book will be invaluable for advanced students in electronics and computer science. It will also be useful for practising electronics and communications engineers and physicists working in industry.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION