Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering incorporates the most recent technological advances and research developments in photovoltaics. All topics relating to the photovoltaic (PV) industry are discussed and each chapter has been written by an internationally-known expert in the field.
Detailed treatment covers:
- scientific basis of the photovoltaic effect and solar cell operation
- the production of solar silicon and of silicon-based solar cells and modules
- the science and technology of up-and-coming thin film PV technologies
- how choice of semiconductor materials and their production influence costs and performance
- high-performance approaches for concentrators and space applications
- new types of organic dye-based solar cells
- making measurements on solar cells and modules and how to relate results under standardised test conditions to real outdoor performance
- photovoltaic system installation and operation of components such as inverters and batteries.
- architectural applications of building-integrated PV
- finance and the role of investors: public funding and policy in promoting PV world-wide
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION