Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
It is vital that todays engineers work with computer-based tools and techniques. However, programming courses do not provide engineering students with the skills that are necessary to succeed in their professional career. Here, the authors propose a novel, practical approach that encompasses knowledge assimilation, decision-making capabilities and technical agility, together with concepts in computer-aided engineering that are independent of hardware and software technologies.
- Outlines general concepts such as fundamental logic, definition of engineering tasks and computational complexity
- Covers numerous representation frameworks and reasoning strategies such as databases, objects, constraints, knowledge systems, search and optimisation, scientific computation and machine learning
- Features visualization and distribution of engineering information
- Presents a range of IT topics that are relevant to all branches of engineering
- Offers many practical engineering examples and exercises
Fundamentals of Computer Aided Engineering provides support for all students involved in computer-aided engineering courses in civil, mechanical, chemical and environmental engineering. This book is also a useful reference for researchers, practising engineers using CAE and educators who wish to increase their knowledge of fundamental concepts.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION