Coal Geology provides a complete integrated handbook on coal and all its properties, covering the physical and chemical properties of coal as well as coal petrology. It describes the age and occurence of coal; coal sampling and analysis; coal exploration; geophysics and hydrogeology of coal and coal mining techniques. It also discusses environmental concerns and computer technology, and includes an update on global coal reserves and production figures.
- First reference book to cover all aspects of coal geology in one volume
- Includes current thinking on environmental issues
- Presents a useful synopsis of the alternative uses of coal as a fuel
- Contains the distribution and reserves of coal deposits worldwide
- Offers a summary of the use of computing in coal studies, as well as coal sales and marketing opportunities
- Includes International Standards listings
This up-to-date handbook successfully bridges the gap between academic aspects of coal geology and the practical role of geology in the coal industry and will be invaluable for all professionals and students in coal geology, geotechnical and mining engineering, and environmental science.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION