This uniquely crafted work combines the experience of many internationally recognized experts in the soft- and hard-computing research worlds to present practicing engineers with the broadest possible array of methodologies for developing innovative and competitive solutions to real-world problems. Each of the chapters illustrates the wide-ranging applicability of the fusion concept in such critical areas as
- Computer security and data mining
- Electrical power systems and large-scale plants
- Motor drives and tool wear monitoring
- User interfaces and the World Wide Web
- Aerospace and robust control
This must-have guide for practicing engineers, researchers, and R&D managers who wish to create or understand computationally intelligent hybrid systems is also an excellent primary source for graduate courses in soft computing, engineering applications of artificial intelligence, and related topics.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION