Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The insights and advice you need to survive and prosper through a decade of radical change
A revolution is taking place in the way companies manage their information systems. Driven simultaneously by rapid advances in user-friendly technology and an increasingly competitive business climate, business unit managers are taking direct control of information resources. Chief information officers who are reluctant to share their power over these resources may find themselves replaced by more willing candidates.
Managing Information Technology in Turbulent Times guides you across the troubled business waters of the next ten years. MIS expert and highly respected author Louis Fried demonstrates that, with flexibility, ingenuity, and forethought, you can survive and prosper through the radical changes that lie ahead. His practical advice and proven methods for solving technology management problems are culled from the best practices of CIOs from more than 1,000 major multinational corporations.
This book helps you anticipate and cope with the major management issues facing CIOs in the coming years, including:
- The changing business and management role of the CIO
- Introducing new technology to the firm and anticipating its impact on business procedures
- Business process redesign
- Managing software projects
- The impact of Object Technology on software management
- Protecting your company's information assets
- Keeping users satisfied
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION