Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
An easy-to-use, comprehensive guide to systems engineering methods.
Systems engineering (SE), or the engineering of large-scale systems, is key to achieving reliable, efficient, cost-effective products and services in diverse fields, including communication and network systems, software engineering, information systems, manufacturing, command and control, and defense systems acquisition and procurement. This book offers a unique introduction to the world of systems engineering, focusing on analysis and problem-solving techniques that can be applied throughout the life cycle of product systems and service systems. While the authors provide a framework for the functional levels involved in systems engineering processes and system management, the bulk of the discussion is devoted to the practical application of formulation, analysis, and interpretation methods.
Through the use of real-world examples and useful graphs, readers will learn to:
* Choose the most appropriate methods and tools for a given project
* Apply issue formulation methods to assure that the right problem has been identified
* Work with formal analysis methods to assure that the problem is solved correctly
* Apply issue interpretation methods to insure that decisions reflect human values and technological realities, and thereby make interpretation work for them in the decision-making process
* Develop an appreciation for the engineering and troubleshooting of large systems
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION