Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A powerful methodology for producing superior thermal performance at low cost with minimum added mass . . .
Here is the only available comprehensive treatment of the design and analysis of heat sinks. It provides all the theoretical and practical information necessary to successfully design and/or select cost-effective heat sinks for electronic equipment. The presentation includes detailed explanations of the governing heat transfer phenomena, complete coverage of thermal modeling tools for geometrically complex fin structures, and extensive discussion on recognizing thermal optimization opportunities.
Other topics covered include:
* Fundamentals of heat transfer
* Thermal modeling of electronic packages
* Mathematical tools for heat-sink analysis and design
* Prevailing thermal transport processes
* Models for a variety of fin geometries
* Simple transfer function relations for single fin, cascaded fin, and fin array heat sinks
* Thermal characterization and optimization of plate-fin heat sinks
Completely self-contained and filled with valuable information not available from any other single source, Design and Analysis of Heat Sinks is both a superior reference for accomplished thermal specialists and an excellent textbook for graduate courses in advanced thermal applications for mechanical engineering students. This book can also serve as a text in thermal science for students of electrical engineering.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION