Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Edited by a pioneer in the field, Frequency Control of Semiconductor Lasers explores the principles and practices of frequency control as they apply to semiconductor lasers. In order to provide the most authoritative coverage of this rapidly progressing technology, Professor Ohtsu has enlisted the expertise of ten of the world's leading experts. Together they provide a wide range of critically important studies and research results that will help establish design criteria for coherent semiconductor laser devices and high-gain/wideband frequency control systems, as well as provide inspiration for new applications.
Studies included in this volume cover:
- Device structure and performance levels required for a single-mode operation with a narrow field spectral linewidth
- Near-infrared molecular spectroscopy for developing reliable frequency references
- Accurate atomic spectroscopy in the visible region with applications to frequency control of semiconductor lasers
- Analysis of a special device for phase modulation
- Measuring the frequency of frequency-controlled lasers
- Optical frequency standards for optical communications systems
- Application of an optical communications system using frequency- controlled lightwaves
The latest addition to the Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering, Frequency Control of Semiconductor Lasers offers a unique tutorial resource for researchers, systems design engineers, and others involved in the development of new laser applications.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION