Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Connected Services is a must-read for telco strategists who need to get up to speed on how the world of software and the web 2. 0 works. Andreas Constantinou, Research Director, VisionMobile
This book is a must read for those charged with leading innovation in a world of connected services where telco and Internet collide. - Jason Goecke, VP of Innovation, Voxeo Labs
This book explains the common underlying technological themes that underpin the new era of connected services in a post Web 2.0 epoch
In this book, the author explores the underlying technological themes that underpin the new era of connected services. Furthermore, it explains how the technologies work and what makes each of them significant, for example, the potential for finding new meaning in data in the world of BIG DATA platforms, often referred to as No-SQL databases. In addition, it tackles the newest areas of technology such as HTML5, Android, iOS, open source, mash-ups, cloud computing, real-time Web, augmented reality, and more. Finally, the book discusses the opportunities and challenges of a connected world where both machines and people communicate in a pervasive fashion, looking beyond the hype and promise of emerging categories of communication such as the Internet of Things and Real-time Web to show managers how to understand the potential of the enabling technologies and apply them for meaningful applications in their own world.
- Explores the common and emergent underlying technological themes that underpin the new era of connected services
- Addresses the newest areas of Internet technology such as web and mobile 2.0, open source, mash-ups, cloud computing, web 3.0, augmented reality, and more
- Shows the reader how to understand the potential of the enabling technologies and apply them for meaningful applications in their own world
- Discusses new developments in the technological landscape such as Smartphone proliferation, maturation of Web 2.0, increased convergence between mobile networks and the Internet, and so forth
- Examines modern software paradigms like Software-as-as-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Explores in detail how Web start-ups really work and what telcos can do to adopt lean and agile methods
This book will be an invaluable guide for technical designers and managers, project managers, product managers, CEOs etc. at mobile operators (O2, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, BT), fixed operators, converged operators and their contributory supplier networks (e.g. infrastructure providers). Internet providers (Google, Yahoo, Amazon, eBay, Apple, Facebook), analysts, product managers, developers, architects, consultants, technology investors, analysts, marketing directors, business development directors will also find this book of interest.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION