Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Reviews our current understanding of the role of protein oxidation in aging and age-related diseases
Protein oxidation is at the core of the aging process. Setting forth a variety of new methods and approaches, this book helps researchers conveniently by exploring the aging process and developing more effective therapies to prevent or treat age-related diseases. There have been many studies dedicated to the relationship between protein oxidation and age-related pathology; now it is possible for researchers and readers to learn new techniques as utilizing protein oxidation products as biomarkers for aging.
Protein Oxidation and Aging begins with a description of the tremendous variety of protein oxidation products. Furthermore, it covers:
- Major aspects of the protein oxidation process
- Cellular mechanisms for managing oxidized proteins
- Role of protein oxidation in aging
- Influence of genetic and environmental factors on protein oxidation
- Measuring protein oxidation in the aging process
- Protein oxidation in age-related diseases
References at the end of each chapter serve as a gateway to the growing body of original research studies and reviews in the field.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION