This book presents original research outlining the key elements in responding to parental misuse of drugs and alcohol.
- Offers a definition of misuse and addiction and the factors that influence the nature of misuse or addiction
- Reviews extensively the nature and impact of parental substance misuse on children and families using the latest evidence
- Explores how research and theories might help inform professionals or non-professionals assessing families affected by parents who misuse drugs or alcohol
- Provides an in-depth discussion of Motivational Interviewing, including a critical discussion of the challenges and limitations involved in using it in child and family settings
- Considers the wider implications of the findings for practice and policy and argues that these responses can be used across the field of work with vulnerable children and their families
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION